01 February 2011

Japan love...

Some friends of ours are currently holidaying in Japan (they were also our wedding photographers and have an awesome blog here. If you are getting married I definitely recommend them)...

Anyhow, I have been reading their tweets and status updates and am reminiscing and dreaming about Japan.  I spent a year in Sapporo on exchange whilst at uni and have visited Japan I think at least 4 other times... it has been about 2 years since my last visit so perhaps another one is due soon?!?!  There is just something about the place that I love - perhaps it is the memory of some amazing times, the delicious and unique food, the shopping or the wonderful people... I can't put my finger on it but you MUST get there if you haven't already.  

On shopping, some of my must visit stores are:

Uniqlo:  Your one stop shop for basics.  They have also partnered with many designers, companies, artists for the UT project - limited edition tshirts.   UT t-shirts are available in all Uniqlo stores but check out the special UT store in Harajuku.   

Pics from Uniqlo Spring 2011 Lookbook



Muji:  Another favourite... Muji is all about minimalism and no-logos.  Great for homewares, stationery, clothing, accessories and food.


Muji's New York City in a bag

Loft and Tokyu Hands:  For those who know me well, you know that I am obsessed with stationery.  Both Loft and Tokyu Hands have an amazing range of stationery and just lots of cool stuff! 

Franc Franc: My favourite 'home' store - great furniture and lovely things for your place.  Pics below from their Spring 2011 catalogue.




YOU MUST GET TO JAPAN IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!

1 comments:

alyda said...

gahhhhhh!! now I have to go shopping :D
thanks for the tips lovely phuong!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com