Skip to main content

Japan love...

Some friends of ours are currently holidaying in Japan (they were also our wedding photographers and have an awesome blog here. If you are getting married I definitely recommend them)...

Anyhow, I have been reading their tweets and status updates and am reminiscing and dreaming about Japan.  I spent a year in Sapporo on exchange whilst at uni and have visited Japan I think at least 4 other times... it has been about 2 years since my last visit so perhaps another one is due soon?!?!  There is just something about the place that I love - perhaps it is the memory of some amazing times, the delicious and unique food, the shopping or the wonderful people... I can't put my finger on it but you MUST get there if you haven't already.  

On shopping, some of my must visit stores are:

Uniqlo:  Your one stop shop for basics.  They have also partnered with many designers, companies, artists for the UT project - limited edition tshirts.   UT t-shirts are available in all Uniqlo stores but check out the special UT store in Harajuku.   

Pics from Uniqlo Spring 2011 Lookbook



Muji:  Another favourite... Muji is all about minimalism and no-logos.  Great for homewares, stationery, clothing, accessories and food.


Muji's New York City in a bag

Loft and Tokyu Hands:  For those who know me well, you know that I am obsessed with stationery.  Both Loft and Tokyu Hands have an amazing range of stationery and just lots of cool stuff! 

Franc Franc: My favourite 'home' store - great furniture and lovely things for your place.  Pics below from their Spring 2011 catalogue.




YOU MUST GET TO JAPAN IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!

Comments

alyda said…
gahhhhhh!! now I have to go shopping :D
thanks for the tips lovely phuong!

Popular posts from this blog

Carla Zampatti turns 50

This year marks 50 years of the iconic Carla Zampatti fashion label.   After being denied a pay rise from her  £13 a week job designing blouses for a wholesale fashion house in 1964, she launched her own label a year later and the rest is fashion history.  The fashion house  celebrated yesterday with the 2015 Spring/Summer showcase in Sydney at the Opera House.   A beautiful, elegant and gorgeous collection.   Well played Ms Zampatti. 

West Elm Market, Brooklyn

I want one of these to open up here in Singapore where there is a serious lack of cool homewares stores! This looks like my kind of shop. The West Elm Market focuses on selling goods from 4 key product areas - kitchen, garden, care & repair and personal care.   Products are available online here images via West Elm  

Music memories

I have the office to myself this afternoon so I can ditch the headphones and am turning up the music. I used to be really up to date with music, read music blogs and keep up with new songs, artists, go to gigs.. but this has sort of faded out in the last few years. These days I seem to rely a lot on Spotify and their playlists and recommendations which is great for busy people! But this afternoon I am feeling a bit nostalgic so reminiscing and playing some songs played at our wedding back in 2010 which is bringing back some beautiful memories.   Walking down the aisle:  First dance: