Skip to main content

from taipei with love....

The Mr and I are currently sitting in the airport in Taipei waiting for our flight home to Singapore. It's been an awesome but quick long weekend here.  Some down time was definitely needed.  We stayed in a fabulous little boutique hotel (Hotel Quote - definitely recommend it if you are visiting) and ate and ate our way through this wonderful city.

Taipei reminds me of a cross between Hong Kong and Japan.  However it is oddly populated with lots and lots of scooters (usually synonymous with more developing Asian cities).   The Shilin night market was a highlight - awesome street food and great shopping (I picked up an amazing lavender coloured blazer with cute little gold buttons).  

We ate ALOT.  From deep fried beef and cheese pastry things, crumbed and fried lotus root and fried chicken to pizza that came in a cone to amazing beef noodle soup.  We also checked out the Ximendeng area and the area in the east near Zhongxiao East Road.  Lots of little alleyways with funky boutiques and flocks of cool kids.  

We rented bikes and cycled around the river - a very bike friendly city.  We even found a pub that was showing the Reds game (and they won!) so the Mr was very happy :) 

All in all, a fun and relaxing weekend away - I definitely recommend a trip to Taipei if you have the chance! 

Comments

charnana said…
Hello :)

I chanced upon your blog while trying to find personal accounts of people who have recently visited Taipei.

Would just like to enquire about what the temperature is like over there now. Is it warm or cold?

I'll be flying over with a bunch of friends next Wednesday, and I don't quite trust weather reports, that's why :D so I was hoping you could tell me.

Thank you!
Phuong said…
hi and thanks for stopping by!

weather was a little up and down last weekend - a bit cool on saturday (chilly at night) but then sunday was beautiful and sunny.

Popular posts from this blog

Music memories

I have the office to myself this afternoon so I can ditch the headphones and am turning up the music.

I used to be really up to date with music, read music blogs and keep up with new songs, artists, go to gigs.. but this has sort of faded out in the last few years. These days I seem to rely a lot on Spotify and their playlists and recommendations which is great for busy people!

But this afternoon I am feeling a bit nostalgic so reminiscing and playing some songs played at our wedding back in 2010 which is bringing back some beautiful memories.  

Walking down the aisle:


 First dance:

Japan love...

Some friends of ours are currently holidaying in Japan (they were also our wedding photographers and have an awesome blog here. If you are getting married I definitely recommend them)...
Anyhow, I have been reading their tweets and status updates and am reminiscing and dreaming about Japan.  I spent a year in Sapporo on exchange whilst at uni and have visited Japan I think at least 4 other times... it has been about 2 years since my last visit so perhaps another one is due soon?!?!  There is just something about the place that I love - perhaps it is the memory of some amazing times, the delicious and unique food, the shopping or the wonderful people... I can't put my finger on it but you MUST get there if you haven't already.  
On shopping, some of my must visit stores are:

Uniqlo:  Your one stop shop for basics.  They have also partnered with many designers, companies, artists for the UT project - limited edition tshirts.   UT t-shirts are available in all Uniqlo stores but c…

Fashion Bubble - Sketch Love

I wish I could draw like this!
c/o another of my favourite style blogs - Behind the Seams