Skip to main content

coffee snob...

Going out for breakfast on the weekend and drinking an amazing cup of coffee is one of my favourite past times.  It makes me happy.

The good thing is that it seems like little indie coffee shops have been popping up all over Singapore lately which is awesome for a coffee snob like me :)  What can I say, we are completely spoiled in Australia with being able to buy amazing coffee on every other corner so it is hard (and almost sacrilegious in my book!) to get excited by Starbucks.

So here is my list of current fave spots in Singapore:
  • Kith: My number one favourite and where the Mr and I spend most mornings of the weekend.  Good food, good coffee, lovely staff.  The additional bonus is that breakfast at Kith always ends up with a visit and a good chat with Sean and Jac next door at Vanguard.   Visit Vanguard for vintage bikes, books and all round pretty stuff.
  • Forty Hands:  Big call but probably the best coffee of all the places but unfortunately gets a little packed on the weekends so you have to battle with the crowds.  Yummy toasted sandwiches (why does everything taste better toasted?), generous servings.  Yummy truffle fries.  Check out my fave book store, Books Actually which is across the road.
  • Orange Thimble:  Recently opened, we went here for the first time over the weekend and will be back.  Art meets coffee.  Yummy coffee and sandwiches. Simple and good. 
  • Restore:  Pretty vintage furniture (including some beautiful chairs - god I love chairs), toasted bagels with cream cheese and coffee. What more can you ask for?
  • Smitten:  Only serves coffee - excellent coffee.
  • Loysel's Toy and Papa Palheta:  Excellent coffee and a little hidden away.  Two gems.
  • Oriole: Yum coffee from our friend Keith. He also owns Bedrock which is one of our favourite restaurants here in Singapore.
Toby's Estate is opening a Singapore branch and roasting place shortly too so very excited about that!  Will report back once we visit.

Now if only someone would open a decent coffee place close to my office... hmm maybe I should?  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla Zampatti turns 50

This year marks 50 years of the iconic Carla Zampatti fashion label.   After being denied a pay rise from her  £13 a week job designing blouses for a wholesale fashion house in 1964, she launched her own label a year later and the rest is fashion history.  The fashion house  celebrated yesterday with the 2015 Spring/Summer showcase in Sydney at the Opera House.   A beautiful, elegant and gorgeous collection.   Well played Ms Zampatti. 

West Elm Market, Brooklyn

I want one of these to open up here in Singapore where there is a serious lack of cool homewares stores! This looks like my kind of shop. The West Elm Market focuses on selling goods from 4 key product areas - kitchen, garden, care & repair and personal care.   Products are available online here images via West Elm  

Music memories

I have the office to myself this afternoon so I can ditch the headphones and am turning up the music. I used to be really up to date with music, read music blogs and keep up with new songs, artists, go to gigs.. but this has sort of faded out in the last few years. These days I seem to rely a lot on Spotify and their playlists and recommendations which is great for busy people! But this afternoon I am feeling a bit nostalgic so reminiscing and playing some songs played at our wedding back in 2010 which is bringing back some beautiful memories.   Walking down the aisle:  First dance: