Skip to main content

enter the dragon..


Happy New Year for those folks like me who celebrate Chinese New Year.  I am excited about the year of the dragon and what it will bring including lots of little dragon babies!!  I can't wait to meet my little nephew and the new little ones of some good friends.

The Mr and I rang in the new year in the lush green surroundings of Ubud in Bali. We stayed at the most amazing resort, Alila Ubud.  I definitely recommend staying there if you are ever in the area.  Beautiful resort and the friendliest and loveliest staff.  Most of my time was spent poolside reading (I got through 3 books!) but we also ventured out and did what we often like to do during holidays - eat lots and find new restaurants.  We dined at Mozaic - fabulous fabulous meal.  In the top 10 for the Mr.  More casual fare and some lethal long island iced teas and mojitos were offered up to us at Betelnut.   We also spent one morning biking around the rice fields and the little villages close by being greeted by all the friendly local kids.   Next time, we will have to hit up some recommendations from friends including Yoga Barn and hunting down the famous suckling pig in Ubud.

A wonderful trip and some much needed down time.  I am however missing the fam who are tonight back home in Brisbane enjoying our traditional annual family New Year dinner at one of our favourite Trinh haunts, Chinese Garden or "le Jardin" as YT affectionately referred to it.

Sending out lots of happiness for the year ahead xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla Zampatti turns 50

This year marks 50 years of the iconic Carla Zampatti fashion label.   After being denied a pay rise from her  £13 a week job designing blouses for a wholesale fashion house in 1964, she launched her own label a year later and the rest is fashion history.  The fashion house  celebrated yesterday with the 2015 Spring/Summer showcase in Sydney at the Opera House.   A beautiful, elegant and gorgeous collection.   Well played Ms Zampatti. 

West Elm Market, Brooklyn

I want one of these to open up here in Singapore where there is a serious lack of cool homewares stores! This looks like my kind of shop. The West Elm Market focuses on selling goods from 4 key product areas - kitchen, garden, care & repair and personal care.   Products are available online here images via West Elm  

Music memories

I have the office to myself this afternoon so I can ditch the headphones and am turning up the music. I used to be really up to date with music, read music blogs and keep up with new songs, artists, go to gigs.. but this has sort of faded out in the last few years. These days I seem to rely a lot on Spotify and their playlists and recommendations which is great for busy people! But this afternoon I am feeling a bit nostalgic so reminiscing and playing some songs played at our wedding back in 2010 which is bringing back some beautiful memories.   Walking down the aisle:  First dance: