Skip to main content

Little Library..


One of the best moments of my day is when we read books with the little Miss before bed time.  She seems to have taken after us and loves them.  Most nights we end up reading 5 books before bed (there would be many more if she had her way!).

She is at a really cute age as she can now toddle over to her bookshelf, grab the book she wants to read and proceeds to plonk herself down on our laps to enjoy her stories.  She also knows her favourites and every night asks for "Spot" (for her Spot books) or "Scar" (for Hairy McLary from Donaldson's Dairy - she loves the cat in it named Scarface Claw).

I have to admit though I am getting a bit tired of reading the same books over and over (I personally have my favourites too) so I am on the lookout for some new ones!

The founder of The Grace Tales  recently posted about 20 of her favourite charming children's books.   We only have 4 on the list so I am keen to check out a few of the others.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla Zampatti turns 50

This year marks 50 years of the iconic Carla Zampatti fashion label.   After being denied a pay rise from her  £13 a week job designing blouses for a wholesale fashion house in 1964, she launched her own label a year later and the rest is fashion history.  The fashion house  celebrated yesterday with the 2015 Spring/Summer showcase in Sydney at the Opera House.   A beautiful, elegant and gorgeous collection.   Well played Ms Zampatti. 

West Elm Market, Brooklyn

I want one of these to open up here in Singapore where there is a serious lack of cool homewares stores! This looks like my kind of shop. The West Elm Market focuses on selling goods from 4 key product areas - kitchen, garden, care & repair and personal care.   Products are available online here images via West Elm  

Music memories

I have the office to myself this afternoon so I can ditch the headphones and am turning up the music. I used to be really up to date with music, read music blogs and keep up with new songs, artists, go to gigs.. but this has sort of faded out in the last few years. These days I seem to rely a lot on Spotify and their playlists and recommendations which is great for busy people! But this afternoon I am feeling a bit nostalgic so reminiscing and playing some songs played at our wedding back in 2010 which is bringing back some beautiful memories.   Walking down the aisle:  First dance: